Getting a cold or flu-like symptoms is always dreading and what is winter without a bout of influenza affecting you or your relatives?
Colds and flu have a lot in common and sometimes it is hard to tell them apart. Here is a list of symptoms that may help you figure out which virus you have:
Over the past weeks we have been inundated with news about the severity of this year’s flu season.
Following are some tips that can help protect you and others:
- Stay at home if you have flu-like symptoms. Avoid going to work, school and to any crowded places. If you’ve recently had the illness stay away from elderly relatives, patients and children
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue or your arm when you cough or sneeze and throw the tissue away immediately
- Stay hydrated
- Wash your hands often with soap and water. An alcohol-based hand rub is also good when soap and water are not available
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth because of germ spreading
- Clean and disinfect surfaces and objects that may be contaminated such as door handles
- Get the vaccine for free from local health centres. You are still in time even though it will take over 2 weeks to become affective
- Seek help if symptoms persist or get worse
If you are looking to get a telecare service or any other home care solution for you or someone you know, call emCare today on 2142 4949, fill in the form on http://bit.ly/2qmunFG or visit our concept store in Tower Street, Swatar.
The information above is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment in any manner. Always seek the advice of your GP.